CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS
Job Title: Campaign Coordinator
Reports to: President/CEO
Location: Danville, Virginia
Classification: Full-time: Non-Exempt
Application Deadline: May 19, 2023, 5:00 pm
Submit Application and Resumé: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT UNITED WAY OF DANVILLE-PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY
United Way of Danville-Pittsylvania County (UWDPC) is a volunteer-driven organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for all people in our community. This is accomplished through fundraising, fund distribution (15 supported agencies), community building, volunteer advancement, and information and referral. UWDPC is a nonprofit social services organization, located at 308 Craghead Street, Suite 102E, Danville, Virginia.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Campaign Coordinator is an integral part of the campaign team and the United Way organization. They provide support to all members of the organization and deliver campaign materials, reports, and resources for all accounts.
- Assist with campaign processing details related to specific United Way Worldwide accounts.
- Process Accounts Receivable
- Assist in updating and preparing spreadsheets and reports for Director of Finance and President/CEO
- Prepare documents for mail merging.
- Contribute to team effort with mass mailings, photocopying, monitoring supplies, electronic filing, and other assignments as requested.
- Assist in coordinating volunteers to support campaign operations as needed.
- Assist with campaign event preparation and execution as needed.
- Provide administrative support for agency campaign team.
- Maintain Campaign Inventory.
- Preserve donor confidence by maintaining donor confidentiality and respect.
- Assist with recognition process ensuring that all donors are properly recognized in a timely fashion.
- Prepare Tax Receipts for all donors on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not meant to encompass all aspects of the job.
Core Competencies for all United Way Professionals:
Mission-Focused: The United Way Professional’s top priority is to improve the quality of life for all people in our community. This competency drives their performance and professional motivations.
Relationship-Oriented: The United Way Professional understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
Collaborator: The United Way Professional understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
Results-Driven: The United Way Professional is dedicated to shared and measurable goals including creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for the best impact.
Brand Steward: The United Way Professional is a steward of the brand and understands their role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
QUALIFICATIONS, KEY COMPETENCIES and SKILLS:
- AAS or BA in Business; or three plus years’ administrative/secretarial work experience.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in mail merge operations in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in the use of Customer Relations Management Software and working with Data Standards.
- Knowledgeable and able to work with Teams, Zoom, etc.
- "Can Do" attitude that helps create a positive relationship with volunteers, staff, and agency partners.
- Commitment to United Way values and United Way beliefs.
- Maintain the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Productivity driven and detailed oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for presentation to the community and proof reading.
- Familiarity with general office equipment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured motor vehicle.
UWDPC is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers.
- Working with diverse staff and other constituents.
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability.
- Exciting and challenging work.
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or listen. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms There may be additional physical requirements associated with volunteer events. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requires talking, hearing, and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions. Occasionally, the work of this position is spent at offsite meetings, or event locations within Danville and Pittsylvania County.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment, off site venues, and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This is a Full-Time position, 9 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends may be required occasionally for events.
United Way is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Terms of employment are subject to satisfactory credit check. Background testing will be conducted because of the nature of the position. Applicants may be asked to take an online skill assessment.